As promised, here is an exhaustive list of natural, non-pharmaceutical sleep supports:
- Establish a consistent sleep schedule: Going to bed and waking up at the same time daily can help regulate your body's internal clock and improve sleep quality.
- Create a relaxing sleep environment: Keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool, and avoid electronic devices before bedtime.
- Use aromatherapy: Essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, and valerian can promote relaxation and help you fall asleep.
- Practice relaxation techniques: Deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, and meditation can help calm your mind and body before bedtime.
- Exercise regularly: Regular physical activity during the day can help promote restful sleep at night. Weightlifting is especially helpful. But do it 3-4 hours before bed.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol: These substances can disrupt sleep and make it harder to fall asleep or stay asleep. Caffeine has an 8-hour half-life. That means half of it will be in your body eight hours after your last cup.
- Use herbal remedies: Supplements such as melatonin, passionflower, and hops may help improve sleep quality.
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, GABA, Glycine, and L-Theanine have been found to promote relaxation and sleep.
- Take a warm bath: A warm bath or shower can help relax your muscles and prepare your body for sleep.
- Listen to calming music or white noise: Soothing sounds can help drown out distractions and promote relaxation. I listen to a podcast called, Bore You to Sleep. It works like magic.
- Use a weighted blanket: Weighted blankets can help promote feelings of comfort and security and may help reduce anxiety and promote sleep.
For those of you who aren't sleeping well, try these remedies and let me know if any work for you. Wishing you a fantastic night's sleep tonight!
Wishing you health, happiness, and abundance,